- 1 loaf crusty bread.
- 4tbsp parmesan
- 2tbsp garlic powder
- 2tbsp onion powder
- 1tbsp dill, dried
- 1tbsp oregano, dried
- 1tbsp thyme, dried
- 1/2 tbsp basil, dried
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup olive oil
- Remove dill, oregano. Reduce garlic by half. Add 2tbsp of sage powder and another tbsp of basil.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Recipe said to make a paste (oil + seasonings, then add bread). This worked okay, but needed lots of mixing. Then extra oil.
- 15 - 25 minutes in oven at 300-350. I started 10m @ 350 and then lowered to 300 for 15m more. Toss bread cubes for more even cooking when you lower the temperature.
- Consider skipping dill.
- If skipping flavorings, also reduce garlic.
- This makes a lot, and is strongly flavored. Consider half seasonings, or double bread.... Extra bread probably needs double oil.
- Consider tossing bread cubes with oil first, sprinkle with seasonings, toss.
- Using a squirt bottle of oil worked well. Drizzle the bread with oil, sprinkle dry seasoning mixture on bread cubes, toss... repeat probably 5+ times.
- 15m @ 350 followed by 15m @ 300 resulted in the smaller crumbs on a less crowded tray being almost burned.
- Putting two trays in the oven at once was a non-issue.
- Salt isn't needed due to parmesan cheese.
Subscribe to ScottSwezey.com
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox